- Submissions are limited to one letter per person per month. We do not publish letters from people living outside of this newspaper’s coverage area.
- Letters should be 400 words or less. Letters over the word limit will be cut at the editor’s discretion. All letters are subject to editing for style, mechanics and grammar.
- Letters containing language or content that is blatantly offensive, or that the editor feels is inappropriate, will not be published.
- Letters should focus on the opinion/s of the writer, not facts. Any statement of facts not generally known or accepted to be true will be removed.
- All letters must be signed by the writer, with address and phone number provided for verification only. Letters will be printed with the author’s name and city of residence only. Anonymous letters will not be published.
- Letters that contain statements that are libelous or slanderous will not be published, nor will letters that include attacks of a personal nature.
- Letters written in response to other letter writers should address the issue at hand, rather than mentioning the writer by name, and should refer to the headline and date the letter was published. Letters referring to news stories should also mention the headline and date of publication.
- Letters regarding an election issue or candidate will not be published in the issue immediately preceding election day.
All questions regarding letters to the editor should be directed to Editor Christi Whiting, email@example.com.